Thursday 5 December 2013

Going Retro..at Novotel Brighton; Couch to 5k Week 6 Day 1 complete

A couple of weeks ago I snapped up another Scoopon to my favourite Sydney getaway.  It included late checkout, a Bayview Suite and a bottle of wine..as I said to my long-suffering husband.  How was I to resist?


So on Wednesday, as soon as my husband got home, we left the kids in the capable hands of my legendary mother-in-law and arrived at Novotel Brighton Beach, overlooking Botany Bay..and stepped back into what appears to be a hotel opened in the early nineties.. and I love it!  In those days hotel rooms were designed with with plenty of space and always have a bath.  Our suite overlooked Botany Bay and I imagine how Captain Cook sailed through the heads.  Now the planes take off from the nearby airport and its so cool to look over the calming waters and watch the planes take-off and land.  This hotel has a great gym and indoor and outdoor pools.   It also has a day spa (maybe next time :-))  And in true Retro style a buffet restaurant.  We had buffet dinner AND buffet breakfast!





We had time to go to the gym and the Retro continued....the music was Lost in the 80s!  So I did my Week 6 Day 1 run on the treadmill to John Farnham, Tears for Fears and Roxette.  It got me thinking that when I get to eventually running a marathon I'll have to put together a playlist and maybe get an iPod shuffle.

We sunbaked by the pool, swam and generally had a great time.  Can't wait to return.







No comments:

Post a Comment