Wednesday 5 February 2014

5ish km; The Wolf of Wall Street & medical mysteries

It was such a relief to run in cool, non-humid weather.  I really enjoyed my run this morning.  I didn't measure it but I know it was at least 5km.  This morning I discovered there is going to be a school fun run!  Ooh how exciting.  I wonder if the other parents will be competitive, fast, slow etc.  Added incentive to train!  Some of the mums look pretty fit so it will be really interesting.

I'm making a few dietary adjustments to try and eradicate some nasty cyclical headaches I'm getting.  They're starting to affect my quality of life.  I'm going to swap my black tea for green tea (waaa!) and eat miso soup with tofu a couple of times a day.  I'm giving it one month.  If they don't improve I'm going to get medical advice.  That's medical mystery no.1.

T2's nose bled again and the school rang to pick him up.  It was gushing.  Then I looked up the side effects of his new dose of asthma preventer - uncommon side effect?...bleeding and irritation of the nasal lining.  Bingo!  Hopefully we can work this out quickly.  Its been affecting his first week and he really doesn't need that.  That is medical mystery no. 2.

T1 is going SO well at school.  Indistinguishable so far, by all accounts.  Woohoo!  I'm reserving judgement though.

I blame hungryrunnergirl for this! My 2nd 'froyo'

My first Vmax experience - comfy chairs!

A couple of nights ago my husband and I saw Wolf of Wall Street.  It was really good.  I enjoyed the story (never trust a stockbroker!).  I loved Matthew Mcconaughey in it.  I didn't recognize him at first.  Has he been taking acting lessons?  I never used to like any of his acting.  But be warned, its R rated for a reason!

What's your favourite movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment