Sunday 16 March 2014

5k Race Recap - where are the stats? I need my stats!



I had a 5k race this morning.  We were supposed to be at the venue at 8am.  At 7.41am my husband tapped me and said 'don't you have to be at the run?'.  I jerked my head awake so quickly that I feel like I've given myself whiplash.  But we made it -just!  I was keen to run hard.

At the starting line I remembered to start my watch but it hadn't found a satellite before the starting gun went off.  So off we went.  At about 3.5km a course marshall said 'you're the first woman!'.  WHAT???  I felt horrible at that stage, like stopping and walking, but I just kept putting one foot in front of the other.

Then on the last hill I got pipped by one other lady.  Oh well.  I did my best and at this stage I'm just running for times.  But where is my time?  I haven't been able to find my time.  Its like I'm back 5 years when it took days for results to come through.  I just hope they are uploaded sometime, somewhere.  I really have no idea, as I collapsed after the finish line (literally).  I don't want to email (yet) as I'll look desperate!

I'm also a very proud mumma because my eldest (who doesn't really have time to run in between cricket matches) came second in the 1km event.  I wonder what he could do if he started training?!

Now I'm putting heat  and tiger balm on my neck - which is still hurting.  I can't believe I've injured my neck because of a fun run.


No comments:

Post a Comment