Tuesday 4 March 2014

A hot 6km & Lone Survivor, Book Thief







Running

After I attended a church service at the twins' school I thought I'd take off for a quick 6km.  After about 1km I realized how incredibly hot it was.  Hey its supposed to be Autumn!  Its definitely behaving like a true Aussie Summer Day.  Its late arvo and I can hear the rumbling of an approaching thunderstorm.  I'm glad I didn't plan an evening run!

Life

I've calmed down since my last post.  Sometimes everything gets a bit 'much'.  But today is another day.  I've seen two movies this week.  On Sunday night I saw the Book Thief with my mum.  I really loved it.  Its so refreshing to see a movie that doesn't have gratuitous sex or violence.  It seems the critics need either one or the other to give a movie a good review.  After the movie we went to this great Korean buffet in the Mandarin Centre in Chatswood.  Its really clean, cheap and the food is tasty.

Miso soup, omelette and other goodies


Well it is a buffet, you can't blame me for getting seconds!

Neopolitan ice-cream-a flashback from childhood
Lone Survivor was a good movie if you like war movies - which I kind of don't.  But the things you do for love, right?  It was actually much better than I expected and sadly was based on a true story.  I enjoyed it in a squirming in my seat way.  The violence wasn't as graphic as I expected.  Oh and it has Mark Wahlberg in it, who I still think of Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch (yes I'm that old!)
From this....
...to this.  He's come a long way.


War - what is it good for.....?  Absolutely nothin....nothin at all!
Sorry - just a little scripting which captured my thoughts after I'd seen the film.

I'm off to a P&F meeting at the twins' school.  Its my first ever.  The things we do for our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment