Monday 12 May 2014

10km; cruel and unusual punishment & happy mother's day!

Running

The beauty of having to get up at 5.30am weekdays is that on Saturday morning I sprung out of bed and ran 10km with little effort.  Today being Mother's Day I decided I just needed a little extra sleep.  So no run today.  I'm hoping I'll be able to manage another 10km tomorrow and some cross country training with eldest on Tuesday and Wednesday.



Life

I meant to make these cute Easter biscuits during the school hold and although we bought all the ingredients we never go around to making them.  So we decided to make them yesterday into heart shaped mother's day biscuits.  My gorgeous MIL also made the most delicious chocolate cake.  So today after working all week I told everyone I would like to stay home in my trackies, eat chocolate cake and be as lazy as possible.




I don't think anyone informed my lecturer that this weekend is mother's day and that it would be cruel and unusual punishment to subject his students to an online lab quiz over this weekend.  So last night and this morning I've been churning out lab reports and reading textbooks - on the bright side, at least I've had chocolate cake and my feet up..and many cups of green tea.  I plan to do the quiz as soon as the kids are asleep and then crack open wine, choccies and watch Call the Midwife.

I have such gorgeous kids and even though the stress can sometimes be overwhelming I can say that they are such beautiful people.  Today I've especially been thinking of my eldest as he is growing up so quickly and I spend so much time trying to help the twins that I wish I could spend more one-on-one time with him.  I shall make more plans.

My poor MIL also lost a beautiful son at an early age and she must be feeling a little sad today.  Sometimes the worst things happen to the best people.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mums!




No comments:

Post a Comment