Wednesday 28 January 2015

A gym workout; recovery run; and my baby goes to High School!

Running

Yesterday was so wet and because my schedule involved doing a speed workout, I decided to go to the gym.  First up I hit the treadmill.  Since I'm still pretty unfit my run involved 1min at 11.5 km/hr, 1 min jog x8.  Then I hit the elliptical trainer for 15 minutes.  It was hell....and I noticed it was called the Cybex - sounds like a scary sci-fi character doesn't it?

The Cybex

After that, I thought I'd better hit some weights.  I was in for a rude shock.  I can't believe how weak I am.  I need to do more weights if I'm going to keep running and stay injury free.

This morning I was still sore so after my early shift I ran a very easy 25 minutes and did some stretching.
Beautiful conditions


Autism
The twins went into Year 1 today and settled in really well.  The lovely special ed teacher even messaged me to give me an update.  I'm so lucky to have found such a wonderful school for the boys.  When they get home I'm letting them do what they want for the first week ie ipads, Wii systems, DS games.  But watch out kiddos, screen limits are coming

Life
So I worked 4 hours, did my run and then thought 'what now?'  I'm not used to having no kids around.  After lunch my Mother-in-Law and I decided to catch up on The Knick (life's too short for chores).  This is an awesome historical/medical drama.  The big boys in my house don't like it (too gory!). 
No Gloves……AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Eldest starts high school
I can't believe it.  My darling boy (neurotypical) has started school.  And, as expected he has taken to it like a duck to water.   It is lovely to have at least one uncomplicated, healthy, stress-free kid.  I love them ALL to bits (well maybe not when one of the twins is having a public meltdown ;-).
My eldest does have one medical condition - a peanut allergy and yesterday I was excited to hear an update  on medical trials held in Melbourne.  I hope my son will be able to benefit.  Its interesting that probiotics are involved in this treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment